I need really help

mohammed alawa
Dear , Madam/Sir

  I'm student doing master in statistics, I'd like to know how i can set data in R and apply meta-analysis. i have tries many ways but I'm really stuck.
  i really appreciate if you can help me in this matter.

  Mohammed Owlowa

Re: I need really help

Liviu Andronic
Hello Mohammed,

On Sun, Mar 30, 2008 at 11:26 PM, mohammed alawa <[hidden email]> wrote:
>   I'm student doing master in statistics, I'd like to know how i can set data in R and apply meta-analysis. i have tries many ways but I'm really stuck.

and provide commented, minimal, self-contained, reproducible code."

Show us what you tried, and be more specific in want you want to do.
For novices Rcmdr is often a helpful reference, since you can perform
a good deal of basic statistics analyses graphically, that is by only
point-and-clicking.
Liviu

Odp: I need really help

PIKAL Petr
Hi

1.      Install R
2.      Read some intro documents (doc folder)
3.      Try to reproduce simple examples from let say R-intro.pdf and/or
R-data.pdf
4.      Try to follow examples with your data
5.      When there is an error read a message and try to get some
explanation in help page associated with particular command
6.      If this does not lead to success, make a simple reproducible
example and post it together with your question.

>From what you write, I deduct that ?read.table and maybe ?reshape could be
your first choice.

Regards

Petr