IDE

Alexandra Almeida
People,

I'm a ubunto user and I used to write my scipts in "Java Gui for R", but it
is a very slow tool to run my scripts...
Do you know some efficient IDE for R?
Thankssss!!!

Alexandra Almeida

--
Alexandra R M de Almeida

Re: IDE

Liviu Andronic
On 5/23/08, Alexandra Almeida <[hidden email]> wrote:
>  I'm a ubunto user and I used to write my scipts in "Java Gui for R", but it
>  is a very slow tool to run my scripts...
>  Do you know some efficient IDE for R?

There is the brand-new cross-platform SciViews OpenKore [1], successor
of Windows-only Tinn-R/SciViews-R. It depends on Komodo Edit, and I am
not sure whether the latter is---yet---easily installable under
Ubuntu. Contrary to what the "K"s might suggest, neither is
KDE-dependent.

Liviu

[1] http://www.sciviews.org/OpenKore/

Re: IDE

Tobias Verbeke-3
Hi Alexandra,

> I'm a ubunto user and I used to write my scipts in "Java Gui for R", but it
> is a very slow tool to run my scripts...
> Do you know some efficient IDE for R?
> Thankssss!!!

I warmly recommend the StatET plugin for Eclipse,
which, as you know, is a very mature,
industrial-strength IDE.

On Ubuntu (which does not have tremendous Eclipse
support) it is best to download and unzip (=install)
the current stable release of Eclipse Classic at

http://www.eclipse.org/downloads/

Installation of the StatET plugin is straightforward:
navigate to

Help -> Software Updates -> Find and Install...
Search for new features to install

and then just use

http://www.walware.de/eclipseupdates

as a (new remote) Eclipse update site
and walk through the wizard.

After installation, the best way to
get up and running is to work through
the Cheat Sheets available via

Help -> Cheat Sheets... -> StatET: R in Eclipse.

You can find more information here:

http://www.walware.de/goto/statet/

and an introductory manual (for the previous
release) here:

http://www.splusbook.com/Rintro/R_Eclipse_StatET.pdf

There also is a (recently started) dedicated mailing list
at

I hope this helps.

Kind regards,
Tobias