Including specifications in user-defined function

Including specifications in user-defined function

StonedWanderer
This post was updated on .
Hello everybody, I am somewhat new to writing R code, so maybe this would look as a silly question, but I searched for the answer in this forum and in other places on the internet with no success.
Is there a way to include specifications (as you do in Python with triple sets of double quotes) in a custom function? This would be very useful to make others aware of assumptions and guarantees of your function. Alternatively, what is the simplest way to generate help docs for user-defined functions?

Luca M.
Rome, Italy