Indian Red

Bat Dude
FWIW,

There is also Naples Yellow and other colors related to "place names" on
artist palettes.  "Indian Red" is not related to North American Native
peoples.
"/India Red/: Originally a natural, more purple iron oxide imported from
/India/. First synthesized in the 18th century as a “Mars” color,
contemporary ...

Let it rest people.

Bruce Miller

--
Bruce W. Miller, PhD.
Neotropical bat risk and acoustic assessments

If we lose the bats, we may lose much of the tropical vegetation and the lungs of the planet

Using acoustic sampling to identify and map species distributions
and pioneering acoustic tools for ecology and conservation of bats for >25 years.

Key projects include providing free interactive identification keys and call fact sheets for the vocal signatures of New World Bats

Re: Indian Red

R help mailing list-2
Let’s switch to the German name - “Indisch Rot” instead...

> On 20 Nov 2020, at 12:08, Neotropical bat risk assessments and acoustic tools <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> FWIW,
>
> There is also Naples Yellow and other colors related to "place names" on
> artist palettes.  "Indian Red" is not related to North American Native
> peoples.
> "/India Red/: Originally a natural, more purple iron oxide imported from
> /India/. First synthesized in the 18th century as a “Mars” color,
> contemporary ...
>
> Let it rest people.
>
> Bruce Miller
>

> --
> Bruce W. Miller, PhD.
> Neotropical bat risk and acoustic assessments
> Conservation Fellow - Wildlife Conservation Society
> Research Associate, American Museum of Natural History
>
> If we lose the bats, we may lose much of the tropical vegetation and the lungs of the planet
>
> Using acoustic sampling to identify and map species distributions
> and pioneering acoustic tools for ecology and conservation of bats for >25 years.
>
> Key projects include providing free interactive identification keys and call fact sheets for the vocal signatures of New World Bats

Orcid ID: 0000-0002-7490-0066

Department of Evolutionary Biology and Environmental Studies
University of Zürich
Office Y34-J-74
Winterthurerstrasse 190
8075 Zürich