Installation problem

Giovanni Petris

I am trying to install R-2.11.1 from sources on Ubuntu 10.04. I am
getting the following error when I run ./configure:

configure:6683: checking how to run the C preprocessor
configure:6753: result: gcc -E
configure:6773: gcc -E -I/usr/local/include conftest.c
configure:6773: $? = 0
configure:6787: gcc -E -I/usr/local/include conftest.c
conftest.c:17:28: error: ac_nonexistent.h: No such file or directory
<...other stuff here...>

Could anybody help me?

I am also attaching the file config.log for more info.

Thank you in advance,
Giovanni Petris

--

Giovanni Petris  <[hidden email]>
Associate Professor

Re: Installation problem

Erik Iverson-3

Giovanni Petris wrote:
> I am trying to install R-2.11.1 from sources on Ubuntu 10.04.

Any particular reason? There are Ubuntu packages available...