Installing a Package

R help mailing list-2

Hello, I am working in the nonparametric functional data analysis, i stack in a simple problem is that i am  going to install a package in the name of nfda which is not present in the  R Cran, know how i am going to install this package in R studio from archives or some thing else. please guide  me i am just a beginner in R, Thanks

Re: Installing a Package

Rui Barradas
Hello,

What OS are you running? If it's Windows you will need Rtools [1] to
install a source package. Otherwise the following usually works.

1. Download the tar.gz package file (say, package_version.tar.gz) to
your disk.
2. Go to the directory where this file is.

3.a. From within RStudio run

install.packages(path_to_tar_gz_file, repos = NULL, type = "source")

3.b. From the command line run

R CMD INSTALL package_version.tar.gz

[1] https://cran.r-project.org/bin/windows/Rtools/

Hope this helps,

Rui Barradas

Às 10:01 de 11/10/20, Faheem Jan via R-help escreveu:

> Hello, I am working in the nonparametric functional data analysis, i stack in a simple problem is that i am  going to install a package in the name of nfda which is not present in the  R Cran, know how i am going to install this package in R studio from archives or some thing else. please guide  me i am just a beginner in R, Thanks

Re: Installing a Package

Jeff Newmiller
If you are referring to [1] which has been archived on CRAN because the maintainer did not, well, maintain it for the last 9 years, then don't be surprised if things to go wrong in either the installation and/or use of that package. As a beginner you should probably rely on some other package to achieve your goals, and if that is not possible then at least temporarily redirect your efforts at getting better at R and at understanding the underlying theory of your task. If it turns out that you need to fix nfda then you will also need to learn at least some C++.

[1] https://github.com/cran/nfda