Installing a package yet it will not work.

Installing a package yet it will not work.

Farrel Buchinsky-4
I want R to read my Microsoft Access database or maybe even a Sybase
database. I installed RODBC or at least thought I did. Then I issued the
following command:

library(RODBC)

And got

Error in lazyLoadDBfetch(key, datafile, compressed, envhook) :
        ReadItem: unknown type 241
In addition: Warning message:
package 'RODBC' was built under R version 2.3.0
Error: package/namespace load failed for 'RODBC'

I am running R2.2.1 on Windows XP. Where does one begin to troubleshoot
this.

Farrel Buchinsky, MD --- Mobile (412) 779-1073
Pediatric Otolaryngologist
Allegheny General Hospital
Pittsburgh, PA

Re: Installing a package yet it will not work.

Liaw, Andy
Several people have reported problem with installed packages recently, and
several turned out to be caused by the use of the StatLib mirror site.
Please try installing from a different mirror site and see if that solves
the problem for you.

Andy

From: Farrel Buchinsky

From: Farrel Buchinsky