Installing package

Hurr
Using install packages pull-down, I chose a mirror and then package rJava.
Then it said that it cannot remove the rJava package already installed.
Then when I typed library(rJava) it said there was no rjava package.
Isn't that rather contradictory for R?

Re: Installing package

Uwe Ligges-3

On 10.05.2011 06:34, Hurr wrote:
> Using install packages pull-down, I chose a mirror and then package rJava.
> Then it said that it cannot remove the rJava package already installed.
> Then when I typed library(rJava) it said there was no rjava package.
> Isn't that rather contradictory for R?

Start out without loading rJava and then try to reinstall. You probably
tried to update when rJava was loaded and not al files could be removed
due to file locking.

Uwe Ligges