Is there a version of RMySQL for Windows?

Is there a version of RMySQL for Windows?

Michal Okoniewski
I was trying to email directly the developer, David A. James, but all
the emails bounce...
Does anyone know if RMySQL  may be re-compiled under Windows
and what are the limitations?

Cheers,
Michal

Re: Is there a version of RMySQL for Windows?

Prof Brian Ripley
On Mon, 27 Nov 2006, Michal Okoniewski wrote:

> I was trying to email directly the developer, David A. James, but all
> the emails bounce...
> Does anyone know if RMySQL  may be re-compiled under Windows
> and what are the limitations?

It may.  The limitations are that you need to make use of a closely
matching MySQL to the one you compile the package against: we have in the
past found even patchlevel differences led to crashes.

Are you using the current gmail address for David James?  He left Bell
Labs a couple of months ago.

Re: Is there a version of RMySQL for Windows?

Roger Peng-2
There are some pre-built binaries here:

http://stat.bell-labs.com/RS-DBI/download/index.html

-roger

Michal Okoniewski wrote:

> I was trying to email directly the developer, David A. James, but all
> the emails bounce...
> Does anyone know if RMySQL  may be re-compiled under Windows
> and what are the limitations?
>
> Cheers,
> Michal

Roger D. Peng  |  http://www.biostat.jhsph.edu/~rpeng/

Re: Is there a version of RMySQL for Windows?

Henric Nilsson
Den 2006-11-27 14:33, Roger D. Peng skrev:
> There are some pre-built binaries here:
>
> http://stat.bell-labs.com/RS-DBI/download/index.html

And an even newer one, for the current version of R, is here:
http://bus.cba.utulsa.edu/byersj/Research.asp

HTH,
Henric