Is there a way to overcome 2 gigabytes data set limit in R?

Is there a way to overcome 2 gigabytes data set limit in R?

Stan Maydan
Hello,

I am doing a survival analysis of the large group of loans and would
like to know if there is a way to do it in R with the dataset of more
than 2 Gigabytes, specifically on 64 bits OS.

Thank you

-- Subscriber-posting only.
-- If you want to post, subscribe first.

Re: Is there a way to overcome 2 gigabytes data set limit in R?

Liviu Andronic
On Fri, Jul 18, 2008 at 5:18 PM, Stan Maydan
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> I am doing a survival analysis of the large group of loans and would
> like to know if there is a way to do it in R with the dataset of more
> than 2 Gigabytes, specifically on 64 bits OS.

You will find this thread [1] interesting. You'd also want to check
packages filehash, ff and sqldf.
Regards,
Liviu

[1] http://www.nabble.com/How-to-read-HUGE-data-sets--tt15729830.html

-- Subscriber-posting only.
-- If you want to post, subscribe first.

Re: Is there a way to overcome 2 gigabytes data setlimit in R?

Enrico Schumann
you may want to have a look at the ff-package available on CRAN.

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----