Label in oblique orientation

Komine
Hi,
I drew a barplot with this code:
> BarSize<-barplot(Size$SumArea,names.arg=Size$Class)
However the name of each bar is long. Thus, some names do not appear. I want to write labels with Oblique orientation.
Can you help me to do that?
Thank you in advance.

Re: Label in oblique orientation

bbolker
Komine <momadou <at> yahoo.fr> writes:

> I drew a barplot with this code:
> > BarSize<-barplot(Size$SumArea,names.arg=Size$Class)
> However the name of each bar is long. Thus, some names do not appear. I want
> to write labels with Oblique orientation.
> Can you help me to do that?
> Thank you in advance.

  See ?par and search for the "las" parameter.

Re: Label in oblique orientation

Komine
Dear,
Thank bbolker for your answer, but with las I do not see oblique orientation for labels. There are  horizontal, vertical but not oblique orientation.
Thank for others answers.

Re: Label in oblique orientation

David Winsemius

On Dec 18, 2011, at 6:10 PM, Komine wrote:

> Dear,
> Thank bbolker for your answer, but with las I do not see oblique
> orientation
> for labels. There are  horizontal, vertical but not oblique
> orientation.
> Thank for others answers.

You cannot do it with las but you can apply an srt parameter to text .
To get it to work oustside the plot area you also need to use xpd.

?par
?text
--

David Winsemius, MD
West Hartford, CT

Re: Label in oblique orientation

Komine
Hi,
Thank you David, I resolved the problem with ?text.
Komine