Language environment

Steven Yen
In R, I was able to set the language environment by fixing the line

in file "C:\Program Files\R\R-4.0.3\etc\Rconsole", line 70 below, set
language to EN:

language = EN

In RStudio, I am not able to do that, except to include the line

Sys.setenv(LANG="en");

in every one of my program file. That's too much work. Any idea? Thank you!

Re: Language environment

ssefick
Maybe in .Rprofile? Maybe in .first in .Rprofile?

Stephen Sefick, PhD

On Tue, Nov 17, 2020, 08:01 Steven Yen <[hidden email]> wrote:

> In R, I was able to set the language environment by fixing the line
>
> in file "C:\Program Files\R\R-4.0.3\etc\Rconsole", line 70 below, set
> language to EN:
>
> language = EN
>
> In RStudio, I am not able to do that, except to include the line
>
> Sys.setenv(LANG="en");
>
> in every one of my program file. That's too much work. Any idea? Thank you!

Re: Language environment

R help mailing list-2

> On Nov 17, 2020, at 8:00 AM, Steven Yen <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> In R, I was able to set the language environment by fixing the line
>
> in file "C:\Program Files\R\R-4.0.3\etc\Rconsole", line 70 below, set
> language to EN:
>
> language = EN
>
> In RStudio, I am not able to do that, except to include the line
>
> Sys.setenv(LANG="en");
>
> in every one of my program file. That's too much work. Any idea? Thank you!

Hi,

You may be better served using and/or posting to RStudio's own support site:

  https://support.rstudio.com/

as they are a separate product from R itself.

It sounds like there may be somewhat different session startup processes for RStudio, and they would be the best resource to assist you.

Regards,

Marc Schwartz

Re: Language environment

Jeff Newmiller
put it in your .Rprofile file. Read the R Installation and Administration Manusl for more info.

On November 17, 2020 5:00:06 AM PST, Steven Yen <[hidden email]> wrote:

>In R, I was able to set the language environment by fixing the line
>
>in file "C:\Program Files\R\R-4.0.3\etc\Rconsole", line 70 below, set
>language to EN:
>
>language = EN
>
>In RStudio, I am not able to do that, except to include the line
>
>Sys.setenv(LANG="en");
>
>in every one of my program file. That's too much work. Any idea? Thank
>you!

Re: Language environment

Steven Yen
Thanks. YES, include the line