Levelplot

zacher
Dear mailing list,

I am trying to find out, how do a levelplot without labels on the x- and y-axis.
The labels=FALSE does not work...can anyone help me?

m <- matrix(1:25, ncol=5)
levelplot(m, labels=F)

Regards,

Benedikt

Re: Levelplot

Francisco J. Zagmutt
This would do

levelplot(m, xlab="", ylab="")

[hidden email] wrote:

> Dear mailing list,
>
> I am trying to find out, how do a levelplot without labels on the x- and y-axis.
> The labels=FALSE does not work...can anyone help me?
>
> m <- matrix(1:25, ncol=5)
> levelplot(m, labels=F)
>
> Regards,
>
> Benedikt

Re: Levelplot

Peter Ehlers
On 2010-05-21 8:57, [hidden email] wrote:
> Dear mailing list,
>
> I am trying to find out, how do a levelplot without labels on the x- and y-axis.
> The labels=FALSE does not work...can anyone help me?
>
> m<- matrix(1:25, ncol=5)
> levelplot(m, labels=F)

1. This is a function in the lattice package; it's best to
indicate that in your post.

2. Here's what ?levelplot says for the argument 'labels':

     "typically a logical indicating whether contour lines
      should be labelled"

That seems to be pretty clear about what 'labels=' does.

3. If you can't find a description of an argument for a lattice
function, look at ?xyplot where the common arguments are
described. Here you will find descriptions of 'xlab', 'ylab'.

  -Peter Ehlers

> Regards,
>
> Benedikt

Re: Levelplot

apjaworski
I am not sure if I am correct but I think the labels argument pertains
only to the counterplot function.

Cheers,

Andy

__________________________________
Andy Jaworski
518-1-01
Process Laboratory
3M Corporate Research Laboratory
-----
E-mail: [hidden email]
Tel:  (651) 733-6092
Fax:  (651) 736-3122

From:
<[hidden email]>
To:
<[hidden email]>
Date:
05/21/2010 10:43 AM
Subject:
[R] Levelplot
Sent by:
<[hidden email]>

On 2010-05-21 11:36, [hidden email] wrote:
> I am not sure if I am correct but I think the labels argument pertains
> only to the counterplot function.

It's true that the 'labels' argument is only used in contourplot,
not levelplot. Moreover, there is an example of the use of
levelplot on the help page which has no x- or y-labels. It
would seem that the OP didn't bother to read the help page.
Tsk, tsk.

  -Peter Ehlers