Link to a pdf document

cgenolin
Hi the list,

I would like to put a link in a .Rd file to a PDF document (not a vignette, just a
regular PDF). I put my PDF in the folder inst/doc/toto.pdf. In the bible "2.5
Cross-references", I read that \link can point to PDF file, but I did not manage to do
it. How shall I do that ?

Christophe

Re: Link to a pdf document

Duncan Murdoch-2
cgenolin wrote:
> Hi the list,
>
> I would like to put a link in a .Rd file to a PDF document (not a vignette,
> just a
> regular PDF). I put my PDF in the folder inst/doc/toto.pdf. In the bible
> "2.5
> Cross-references", I read that \link can point to PDF file, but I did not
> manage to do
> it. How shall I do that ?

I think you misread the documentation.  What it says is that links will
be produced in PDF documents (i.e. the PDF form of the man pages), but
those are internal links.

You can use the \url tag (or as of the upcoming 2.12.0 the \href tag) to
link to a PDF file.  If your package is named "foo",
\url{/library/foo/doc/toto.pdf} should work.  (The "/library/" part at
the start does not need to match your own library location; the help
server looks for that particular string.)

Re: Link to a pdf document

cgenolin
Thanks, Duncan.
And where am I suppose to put the file toto.pdf ?
In "/myPack/doc/" or in "myPack/inst/doc/"

Christophe

Re: Link to a pdf document

Duncan Murdoch-2
On 29/06/2010 6:55 AM, cgenolin wrote:
> Thanks, Duncan.
> And where am I suppose to put the file toto.pdf ?
> In "/myPack/doc/" or in "myPack/inst/doc/"

The latter.  When your package is installed, it will be installed to
myPack/doc.

Re: Link to a pdf document

cgenolin
Thanks

> On 29/06/2010 6:55 AM, cgenolin wrote:
>> Thanks, Duncan.
>> And where am I suppose to put the file toto.pdf ?
>> In "/myPack/doc/" or in "myPack/inst/doc/"
>>

> The latter.  When your package is installed, it will be installed to
> myPack/doc.
>
> Duncan Murdoch

Ce message a ete envoye par IMP, grace a l'Universite Paris 10 Nanterre

Re: Link to a pdf document

cgenolin
Hmmm.

I guess I did something wrong since it does not work.
The file r2lhOutput.pdf is in the folder \inst\doc\
In the Rd file (for example in rthb.Rd) I add
"See \url{/library/r2lh/doc/r2lhOutput.pdf} for display detail."

But the link leads to a dead link.
I did not manage to find the file r2lhOutput.pdf on the package presentation either...

Any idea on what goes wrong?

Christophe