My ggplot question is more-or-less solved.

My ggplot question is more-or-less solved.

Rolf Turner

Following Jeff Newmiller's advice, I set to work and adjusted the levels
of the "extremes" factor in the data, and correspondingly the values of
the vectors "shps", "culs" and "tkst" that are used to effect the
plotting of points of different types with different shapes and colours.
  I'd hoped to avoid doing this, and hoped that there might be some sort
of ggplot syntax to obviate the need for doing this.  However it turned
out not be as messy as I'd feared and it seems to work.  (Said he with
his fingers crossed.)

I would just like to add that I was *going* to ask another question,
about a mysterious warning that I was getting (in the same context).
This warning did not go away when I implemented the fix referred to above.

HOWEVER in the process of putting together a clear formulation of my
question I was compelled to examine something that I had not previously
considered --- and the penny dropped!!!  I saw what I was doing wrong,
and it was easy to fix.

Thanks everybody!!! :-)

cheers,

Rolf Turner

--
Honorary Research Fellow
Department of Statistics

ggpData.txt (7K) Download Attachment
rData.txt (7K) Download Attachment

Re: My ggplot question is more-or-less solved --- whoops.

Rolf Turner

Whoops.

Please ignore those attached *.txt files in my previous email.  They
pertain to the question that I was *going* to ask, but wound up managing
to answer myself, after being careful to formulate the question
in a meticulously clear manner.  For fear of getting Ripleyed! :-)

cheers,

Rolf Turner

--
Honorary Research Fellow