NPMC

Moimt
HI,
I am a new user of R and want to analyse some data using npmc. My data have several levels of factor (Site, Year and Season) and several variable (Percentages).
I have tried to use npmc but I always get an error message. My data are in a table following this example:

Site    YEar    Season    Var1     Var2   ....
A       2009    Dry          10        56
B   ........

here is the error message I get: Erreur dans as.vector(x, mode) : argument 'mode' incorrect.

How should I use the npmc formula?

Thank you for your help

Re: NPMC

Peter Ehlers

On 2010-06-14 13:25, Moimt wrote:

> HI,
> I am a new user of R and want to analyse some data using npmc. My data have
> several levels of factor (Site, Year and Season) and several variable
> (Percentages).
> I have tried to use npmc but I always get an error message. My data are in a
> table following this example:
>
> Site    YEar    Season    Var1     Var2   ....
> A       2009    Dry          10        56
> B   ........
>
> here is the error message I get: Erreur dans as.vector(x, mode) : argument
> 'mode' incorrect.
>
> How should I use the npmc formula?
>
> Thank you for your help

What do you mean by "data are in a table"?
Is this a data.frame (as required by npmc)?

I think that npmc can only handle one numerical and
one categorical variable and they must be named "var"
and "class".

   -Peter Ehlers

Re: NPMC

Moimt
Yes I had a data.frame but did not named the categorical variable "class" and the numerical one "var". It is working now.
However I would like to do a comparison with several classes and variables. Is there a way of doing this? Or do I have to do a Wilcox.test for every variable?
Thanks

Marie.