Need help in R code of the functional data .

Need help in R code of the functional data .

Ablaye Ngalaba
Hello,
Please, I want to know how the functional data are defined in programming
code R. If possible an illustrative example of code can help me to
understand better.

                               Yours sincerely.

Re: Need help in R code of the functional data .

Rui Barradas
Hello,

You have asked several times about functional data, I really do not
understand what you mean but if you want to learn about writing R
functions, take a look at

doc/manual/R-intro.pdf, that comes with any installation of R, chap. 10
Writing your own functions.

And at any of Hadley Wickham's excelent

https://r4ds.had.co.nz/functions.html
http://adv-r.had.co.nz/Functions.html

Hope this helps,

Rui Barradas

Às 16:09 de 16/10/20, Ablaye Ngalaba escreveu:

> Hello,
> Please, I want to know how the functional data are defined in programming
> code R. If possible an illustrative example of code can help me to
> understand better.
>

>                                 Yours sincerely.

Re: Need help in R code of the functional data .

Richard O'Keefe-2
I do not understand your question.

Are you talking about "functional data analysis", the statistical
analysis of data where some of the covariates are (samples from)
continuous functions?  There are books and tutorials about doing
that in R.

Are you talking about "functional data structures", as described
in Thomas Mailund's book "Functional Data Structures in R"?

Are you asking a more elementary question, about functions
*being* data values that can be passed as parameters, returned
from functions, stored in variables, and held as elements of
lists?  See Rui Barradas' response for that.