[OT] putting URLs in Latex

Edna Bell
Hi R Gurus!

This is definitely off topic, but I thought I'd try:  what is the way
to put in url's into a Latex file, please?

I know that you start with a \newcommand statement, with some kind of
argument that will change, but I'm not sure how to set it up, please.

thanks,
Edna Bell

Re: [OT] putting URLs in Latex

Gabor Grothendieck
See:

http://www.stdout.org/~winston/latex/latexsheet.pdf

On Nov 27, 2007 11:14 PM, Edna Bell <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi R Gurus!
>
> This is definitely off topic, but I thought I'd try:  what is the way
> to put in url's into a Latex file, please?
>
> I know that you start with a \newcommand statement, with some kind of
> argument that will change, but I'm not sure how to set it up, please.
>
> thanks,
> Edna Bell

Re: [OT] putting URLs in Latex

Charilaos Skiadas-3
Nice cheatsheet!
Edna, in that cheatsheet you'll find a mention to a package called
"url". That's what you want to use.

Haris Skiadas
Hanover College

On Nov 28, 2007, at 12:31 AM, Gabor Grothendieck wrote:

> See:
>
> http://www.stdout.org/~winston/latex/latexsheet.pdf
>
> On Nov 27, 2007 11:14 PM, Edna Bell <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi R Gurus!
>>
>> This is definitely off topic, but I thought I'd try:  what is the way
>> to put in url's into a Latex file, please?
>>
>> I know that you start with a \newcommand statement, with some kind of
>> argument that will change, but I'm not sure how to set it up, please.
>>
>> thanks,
>> Edna Bell

Re: [OT] putting URLs in Latex

Mike Prager
"Edna Bell" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi R Gurus!
>
> This is definitely off topic, but I thought I'd try:  what is the way
> to put in url's into a Latex file, please?

In future, you might want to post such questions in group
comp.text.tex

Mike

--
Mike Prager, NOAA, Beaufort, NC