PDF output

Pedro Conte de Barros
Dear All,

I am trying to save a plot made with ggplot as pdf.

I just created the plot, then printed it to the default graphics
device (screen). I then tried to create a pdf file choosing (from the
menus) File-Save As-PDF file. However, I get an error  as
Error: Invalid font type
In addition: Warning messages:
1: font family not found in PostScript font database
2: font family not found in PostScript font database

I am using R2.6.0 on Windows.
I would appreciate any help about how to solve this

Thanks,
Pedro

Re: PDF output

Thibaut Jombart
Pedro de Barros wrote:

>Dear All,
>
>I am trying to save a plot made with ggplot as pdf.
>
>I just created the plot, then printed it to the default graphics
>device (screen). I then tried to create a pdf file choosing (from the
>menus) File-Save As-PDF file. However, I get an error  as
>Error: Invalid font type
>In addition: Warning messages:
>1: font family not found in PostScript font database
>2: font family not found in PostScript font database
>
>I am using R2.6.0 on Windows.
>I would appreciate any help about how to solve this
>
>Thanks,
>Pedro

Hi,

may you provide a code sample (commands producing the figure) to try and
reproduce this error ?

Thibaut.
--
######################################
Thibaut JOMBART

Re: PDF output

Uwe Ligges
This has been reported several times already and has been fixed in
R-2.6.0 patched.
Uwe Ligges

Pedro de Barros wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> I am trying to save a plot made with ggplot as pdf.
>
> I just created the plot, then printed it to the default graphics
> device (screen). I then tried to create a pdf file choosing (from the
> menus) File-Save As-PDF file. However, I get an error  as
> Error: Invalid font type
> In addition: Warning messages:
> 1: font family not found in PostScript font database
> 2: font family not found in PostScript font database
>
> I am using R2.6.0 on Windows.
> I would appreciate any help about how to solve this
>
> Thanks,
> Pedro

Re: PDF output

Pedro Conte de Barros
Thanks!!!
Sorry for not having checked that - just did not remember...

Thanks again,
Pedro
At 12:59 2007/10/29, you wrote:

>This has been reported several times already and has been fixed in
>R-2.6.0 patched.
>Uwe Ligges
>

>Pedro de Barros wrote:
>>Dear All,
>>I am trying to save a plot made with ggplot as pdf.
>>I just created the plot, then printed it to the default graphics
>>device (screen). I then tried to create a pdf file choosing (from
>>the menus) File-Save As-PDF file. However, I get an error  as
>>Error: Invalid font type
>>In addition: Warning messages:
>>1: font family not found in PostScript font database
>>2: font family not found in PostScript font database
>>I am using R2.6.0 on Windows.
>>I would appreciate any help about how to solve this
>>Thanks,
>>Pedro

Re: PDF output

Prof Brian Ripley
Oh PLEASE do look in the list archives: this has come up several times.
It does not happen in R-patched, and a simple workaround for 2.6.0 has
already been posted here.