Package manual built by CRAN

Helmut Schütz
Deer all,

recently I noticed an unexpected effect. The PDF-manual built from the
package’s .Rd-files looked different to what I was used to before and to
the one rendered locally. Specifically: If the reference-section looks
like this

\references{
   foo \href{bar}{baz}

previously "foo" will be intended (like a normal paragraph), "bar"
formatted in red and "baz" the URL.

Example:
https://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/replicateBE/replicateBE.pdf
(first occurrence at page 5).

In the references not a direct link but a numbered footnote in a
monospaced font running beyond the right margin of the page.
Furthermore, the URLs in the footnotes are not correct. The two links of
page 5:
In ABE.Rd
https://www.ema.europa.eu/en/documents/scientific-guideline/guideline-investigation-bioequivalence-rev1_en.pdf
https://www.ema.europa.eu/en/documents/scientific-guideline/guideline-pharmacokinetic-clinical-evaluation-modified-release-dosage-forms_en.pdf
Correct links in ABE.html
In the two footnotes of the PDF truncated
https://www.ema.europa.eu/en/documents/scientific-guideline/guideline-investigation-bioequivalence-rev1_
https://www.ema.europa.eu/en/documents/scientific-guideline/guideline-pharmacokinetic-clinical-evaluation-modified-release-dosage-forms_
Of course, both are punished with a HTTP 404.

Cheers,
Helmut

PS: I know that
\references{
   \enumerate{
     \item foo \href{bar}{baz}
produces _exactly_ this effect. Didn't use it.

--
Ing. Helmut Schütz
BEBAC – Consultancy Services for

Re: Package manual built by CRAN

Bert Gunter-2
Probably better posted on the r-package-devel  mailing list, which is
specifically devoted to such issues.

Cheers,
Bert