Package "field" missing from repositories

Package "field" missing from repositories

joseph.shea
Hi all;
After an overnight Ubuntu upgrade to 10.10, I had to reinstall some R packages.  But the "fields" package appears to be missing from my usual repository, and a few of the other repositories I've tested:

>install.packages('fields',lib='/usr/local/lib/R/site-library',repos='http://cran.stat.sfu.ca')
Warning message:
In getDependencies(pkgs, dependencies, available, lib) :
  package ‘fields’ is not available

The package 'fields' *does* appear in the list of available packages at my local repository: http://cran.stat.sfu.ca/, and I've installed the dependencies ('spam').

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
--
Joseph Shea
Post-Doctoral Fellow

Re: Package "field" missing from repositories

David Winsemius

On Nov 30, 2011, at 1:15 PM, [hidden email] wrote:

> Hi all;
> After an overnight Ubuntu upgrade to 10.10, I had to reinstall some
> R packages.  But the "fields" package appears to be missing from my
> usual repository, and a few of the other repositories I've tested:
>
>> install.packages('fields',lib='/usr/local/lib/R/site-
>> library',repos='http://cran.stat.sfu.ca')
> Warning message:
> In getDependencies(pkgs, dependencies, available, lib) :
>  package ‘fields’ is not available
>
> The package 'fields' *does* appear in the list of available packages
> at my local repository: http://cran.stat.sfu.ca/, and I've installed
> the dependencies ('spam').
>
> Any suggestions?

  Maybe you should post a bit more about your setup, as the Posting
Guide suggests.

--

David Winsemius, MD
West Hartford, CT