Paper on Analytics using R

Katherine Gobin
Dear R Forum,

I am looking for some write-up or paper on Use of R for Analytics or why R should be preferred over others for Analytics purpose. Tried google but got some info about some commercial vendors using R for analytics. I am looking for some paper where no commercial flavor is given, I mean it deals with R strictly and doesn't talk about some product using R for analytics.

Kindly share if you are aware of some writeups or paper.

Regards

Katherine

Re: Paper on Analytics using R

JohnDee
On Fri, 11 Jul 2014 14:17:23 +0800
Katherine Gobin <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Dear R Forum,
>
> I am looking for some write-up or paper on Use of R for Analytics or
> why R should be preferred over others for Analytics purpose. Tried
> google but got some info about some commercial vendors using R for
> analytics. I am looking for some paper where no commercial flavor is
> given, I mean it deals with R strictly and doesn't talk about some
> product using R for analytics.
>
> Kindly share if you are aware of some writeups or paper.
>
> Regards
>
> Katherine

Try researching here.

http://www.jstatsoft.org/

JWDougherty

Re: Paper on Analytics using R

Timothy W. Cook
A quick Google Scholar search turned up the (below paper.  It has been
cited 38 times so that should give you plenty of references.
More than likely you are looking for use cases in your own context;
correct?

http://goo.gl/Vcx4j1