Portrait and Lanscape PDF in the one document

Portrait and Lanscape PDF in the one document

philip_rhoades
People,

I want to create a multi-page PDF doc and the pdf command works fine if
I only use Portrait OR Landscape but how do I create a document that
contains BOTH sorts of pages?  Is it possible? - I couldn't find info
about it.

Thanks,

Phil.
--
Philip Rhoades

GPO Box 3411
Sydney NSW 2001
Australia
E-mail:  [hidden email]

Re: Portrait and Lanscape PDF in the one document

Prof Brian Ripley
PDF does not know about portrait/landscape: that is really an issue
about whether the MediaBox is taller than it is wide.  pdf()'s
arguments only set the MediaBox (and where relative to the origin the
'ink' is placed)

Note that the orientation of the text on the page does not help:
typically R graphs have text in both orientations.

Just use pdf() to produce files for individual pages with the overall
sizes you want (before rotation), and combine them in your favourite
PDF tools, e.g. Acrobat, ConTeXt, ....