Prediction from censReg?

z2.0
Hi -

First post, so excuse any errors in protocol:

Wanted to ask if there's an easy way to use 'predict' with objects of class 'censReg', 'maxLik', 'maxim' or 'list'.

Have a left-censored dataset, attempting to use a Tobit model and am working with the censReg package. I like how easy it is to move from glm models to predictions with 'predict' and wanted to ask if there was a way to do so with objects output from 'censReg'.

Thanks,

Zack

Re: Prediction from censReg?

z2.0
Just posting again here...

Re: Prediction from censReg?

Arne Henningsen-4
Dear Zack

On 4 December 2011 03:08, z2.0 <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Wanted to ask if there's an easy way to use 'predict' with objects of class
> 'censReg', 'maxLik', 'maxim' or 'list'.
>
> Have a left-censored dataset, attempting to use a Tobit model and am working
> with the censReg package. I like how easy it is to move from glm models to
> predictions with 'predict' and wanted to ask if there was a way to do so
> with objects output from 'censReg'.

Unfortunately, I haven't had time yet to implement a predict() method
for "censReg" objects. Sorry! However, if you have (or anybody else
has) time and skills to do this, please do not hesitate to become a
project member at R-Forge and implement this method. Thanks!

Best wishes,
Arne

--
Arne Henningsen