Problem with installation of RMySQL on MacOS Server

Problem with installation of RMySQL on MacOS Server

filchos

I’m trying to install RMySQL on MacOs Server (10.6.7). All manuals about installing RMySQL on a MacOS mention two shell variables PKG_CPPFLAGS and PKG_LIBS (http://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/RMySQL/INSTALL).

There are a lot of tutorials to install RMySQL on a MacOS X client system. But I’m not able to find meaningful values for these shell variables on MacOS Server.

The path to the MySQL binary is /usr/bin/mysql, but I cannot hit any include or library directories

Is there anybody that could help me?

/Olaf