Problem with latex when checking a package

Problem with latex when checking a package

Leandro Roser
Hello everyone. I'm checking a package in Windows 8.1,  and when the
program starts to create the PDF manual, exits with status 1, printing
the following message:

# End(Not run)
Sorry, but I'm not programmed to handle this case;
I'll just pretend that you didn't ask for it.
! You can't use `macro parameter character #' in vertical mode.
l.164 ##

I think  the program is having problems with the  \dontrun{} sections
when creating the PDF. Does anyone know how to solve this problem?

Thanks in advance,

--
Lic. Leandro Gabriel Roser
 Laboratorio de Genética

Re: Problem with latex when checking a package

Richard M. Heiberger
You didn't show your code, so this is a guess.

My guess is that the \dontrun{} is outside the \examples{} section.
It must be inside the \examples{} section.

This is right

\examples{
abc <- 123
\dontrun{
def <- 456
}
ghi <- 789
}

This is my guess as to what you did.
\examples{
abc <- 123
ghi <- 789
}
\dontrun{
def <- 456
}

Rich

On Thu, Jan 15, 2015 at 10:31 PM, Leandro Roser <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello everyone. I'm checking a package in Windows 8.1,  and when the
> program starts to create the PDF manual, exits with status 1, printing
> the following message:
>

> # End(Not run)
> Sorry, but I'm not programmed to handle this case;
> I'll just pretend that you didn't ask for it.
> ! You can't use `macro parameter character #' in vertical mode.
> l.164 ##
>

> I think  the program is having problems with the  \dontrun{} sections
> when creating the PDF. Does anyone know how to solve this problem?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>

> --
> Lic. Leandro Gabriel Roser
>  Laboratorio de Genética
>  Dto. de Ecología, Genética y Evolución,
>  F.C.E.N., U.B.A.,
>  Ciudad Universitaria, PB II, 4to piso,
>  Nuñez, Cdad. Autónoma de Buenos Aires,
>  Argentina.
>  tel ++54 +11 4576-3300 (ext 219)
>  fax ++54 +11 4576-3384

Re: Problem with latex when checking a package

Leandro Roser
Hi, Richard.  I was putting some piece of code in a wrong section
(description). After correcting that, I have no more errors.

Many tanks for your help,

Leandro.