Problem with library(RMySQL), registry pointer problem?

Problem with library(RMySQL), registry pointer problem?

Yakub
I have the following error:
> library(RMySQL)
Error in fun(...) :
  A MySQL Registry key was found but the folder C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Tools for 5.0\/. doesn't contain a bin or lib/opt folder. That's where we need to find libmySQL.dll.
Error : .onLoad failed in 'loadNamespace' for 'RMySQL'
Error: package/namespace load failed for 'RMySQL'

This happens after I install MySQL Tools. Seems that R is pointing to the wrong registry. Can anyone help?
Thanks

Re: Problem with library(RMySQL), registry pointer problem?

Jeffrey Horner
Yakub wrote:

> I have the following error:
>> library(RMySQL)
> Error in fun(...) :
>   A MySQL Registry key was found but the folder C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL
> Tools for 5.0\/. doesn't contain a bin or lib/opt folder. That's where we
> need to find libmySQL.dll.
> Error : .onLoad failed in 'loadNamespace' for 'RMySQL'
> Error: package/namespace load failed for 'RMySQL'
>
> This happens after I install MySQL Tools. Seems that R is pointing to the
> wrong registry. Can anyone help?

You need to install the client programs and libraries when you install
the MySQL distribution. Just re-run the MySQL installer again and be
sure to read the steps carefully.

Best,

Jeff
--