Problems with lambda argument

PaulJr
Dear friends,

Hope you are doing great. When setting the lambda = "auto" in the
auto.arima function, I get an error message saying non-numeric argument to
binary operator.

I have performed several tests changing parameters and going through the
other lines of code and as soon as I set lambda = "auto" the error pops up,
otherwise the model runs perfectly fine.

Any guidance will be greatly appreciated,

Best regards,

Paul

Re: Problems with lambda argument

Duncan Murdoch-2
On 18/11/2019 8:44 a.m., Paul Bernal wrote:

> Dear friends,
>
> Hope you are doing great. When setting the lambda = "auto" in the
> auto.arima function, I get an error message saying non-numeric argument to
> binary operator.
>
> I have performed several tests changing parameters and going through the
> other lines of code and as soon as I set lambda = "auto" the error pops up,
> otherwise the model runs perfectly fine.
>
> Any guidance will be greatly appreciated,

If I run the example(auto.arima) code from the forecast package but add
lambda="auto", I don't get any error, so I think you'll have to post a
reproducible example if you want help.

Re: Problems with lambda argument

PaulJr
Dear friend Duncan,

Thank you for your kind reply, I appreciate the fact that you always try to
help. I got the error fixed, to fix the problem, instead of setting
lambda="auto", I did lambda=BoxCox.lambda(tsobject), not sure if this is
equivalent to setting lambda="auto", but I guess is a workaround at the
very least.

Cheers,

Paul