QQplot

Nathan
Hi!

We are stuck with a problem considering the qqplot of a dataset.

We are trying to discover what kind of distribution this is. We already tried to normal, exponential or the logaritmical distribution but none of those are able to solve our problem. Is there someone able to tell us what kind deformation we should try?

(I'm sorry for the horrible English but I'm not a native speaker)

Thanks!
Nathan

Re: QQplot

FJ M

Have you tried fitting your data to the Pearson family of distributions? In particular the Pearson Type IV has parameters to fit skewed and kurtotic distributions. The Pearson library is described here:
http://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/PearsonDS/PearsonDS.pdf

The Type IV is described here:
http://www-cdf.fnal.gov/physics/statistics/notes/cdf6820_pearson4.pdf

GL,