Question about autocomplete Keyboard Shortcut in R Markdown Latex

Question about autocomplete Keyboard Shortcut in R Markdown Latex

Tao Z
Hi,

In R, we know how to autocomplete a function name or some arguments in the function. I usually use “Tab” to achieve this.
But when I was preparing my math homework using R Markdown, I want to achieve similar results: for example,

I want to autocomplete $\frac{}{}$ when I only typed $\fr$. I tried “Tab or Command+Space”, but none of them work.

Does anyone know if we have autocomplete option for R markdown latex? If we do, what keyboard should I use? Thanks

Re: Question about autocomplete Keyboard Shortcut in R Markdown Latex

Bert Gunter-2
Try posting this at the RStudio Help site, as R Markdown is part of the
ecosystem they have created and support.

sticking things into it."

On Wed, Feb 5, 2020 at 7:44 AM Tao Z <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> In R, we know how to autocomplete a function name or some arguments in the
> function. I usually use “Tab” to achieve this.
> But when I was preparing my math homework using R Markdown, I want to
> achieve similar results: for example,
>
> I want to autocomplete $\frac{}{}$ when I only typed $\fr$. I tried “Tab
> or Command+Space”, but none of them work.
>
> Does anyone know if we have autocomplete option for R markdown latex? If
> we do, what keyboard should I use? Thanks

Re: Question about autocomplete Keyboard Shortcut in R Markdown Latex

Jeff Newmiller
The rmarkdown package is not the issue... this question is about editor customization. Rmarkdown can be edited in many text editors and IDEs, and none of them are on topic here. That said, there is a high probability that OP is using the RStudio IDE, and indeed it would be best to ask them for assistance if that is the case.

rmarkdown != RStudio
rmarkdown != editor
rmarkdown == package on CRAN.

On February 5, 2020 8:09:35 AM PST, Bert Gunter <[hidden email]> wrote:

>Try posting this at the RStudio Help site, as R Markdown is part of the
>ecosystem they have created and support.
>

>Bert Gunter
>
>"The trouble with having an open mind is that people keep coming along
>and
>sticking things into it."
>-- Opus (aka Berkeley Breathed in his "Bloom County" comic strip )
>

>On Wed, Feb 5, 2020 at 7:44 AM Tao Z <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> In R, we know how to autocomplete a function name or some arguments
>in the
>> function. I usually use “Tab” to achieve this.
>> But when I was preparing my math homework using R Markdown, I want to
>> achieve similar results: for example,
>>
>> I want to autocomplete $\frac{}{}$ when I only typed $\fr$. I tried
>“Tab
>> or Command+Space”, but none of them work.
>>
>> Does anyone know if we have autocomplete option for R markdown latex?
>If
>> we do, what keyboard should I use? Thanks

Re: Question about autocomplete Keyboard Shortcut in R Markdown Latex

Duncan Murdoch-2
On 05/02/2020 12:57 p.m., Jeff Newmiller wrote:
> The rmarkdown package is not the issue... this question is about editor customization. Rmarkdown can be edited in many text editors and IDEs, and none of them are on topic here. That said, there is a high probability that OP is using the RStudio IDE, and indeed it would be best to ask them for assistance if that is the case.
>
> rmarkdown != RStudio
> rmarkdown != editor
> rmarkdown == package on CRAN.

Also worth mentioning that many editors use the built-in utils::rcompgen
framework for code completion.  I don't know if RStudio is one of them,
and I don't know if it would be feasible to add LaTeX completions to it.
  (R does have a primitive LaTeX parser in tools::parseLatex, so it's
not completely infeasible.)

Duncan Murdoch