Question about the package "MatchIt"

Maria Cristina Maurizio
Hi! I'm trying to perform propensity score matching on survey data and so
for each individual observation I have a statistical weight attached. My
question is: is there a way within the package to consider these weights in
the matching procedure?
Thank you very much.

--
Maria Cristina Maurizio

Re: Question about the package "MatchIt"

Jeremie Juste
Hello Maria Cristina,

On Friday,  9 Oct 2020 at 19:39, Maria Cristina Maurizio wrote:
> Hi! I'm trying to perform propensity score matching on survey data and so
> for each individual observation I have a statistical weight attached. My
> question is: is there a way within the package to consider these weights in
> the matching procedure?
I'm afraid it is difficult to help you based on the information you have provided.

Could you please provide more information about your issue ?
A minimal reproducible code would be of great help to have a more
precise idea of the problem you are facing.

Best regards,
--
Jeremie Juste

Re: Question about the package "MatchIt"

Patrick (Malone Quantitative)
Maria Cristina,

The MatchIt homepage at https://gking.harvard.edu/matchit has a link
to a mailing list specific to the package and it has searchable
archives. You will probably have better luck there than a general R
programming list. Though a quick perusal of the user guide at that
site makes me think the answer is probably "no."

Pat

On Fri, Oct 9, 2020 at 7:02 PM Maria Cristina Maurizio
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi! I'm trying to perform propensity score matching on survey data and so
> for each individual observation I have a statistical weight attached. My
> question is: is there a way within the package to consider these weights in
> the matching procedure?
> Thank you very much.
>
> --
> Maria Cristina Maurizio

Patrick S. Malone, Ph.D., Malone Quantitative
NEW Service Models: http://malonequantitative.com

He/Him/His

Re: Question about the package "MatchIt"

Ehsan Karim-3
Maria:

What you are looking for (propensity score matching on survey data) is
discussed in lab 5 components of this series using matchit and matching
package:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL2yD6frXhFob_Mvfg21Y01t_yu1aC9NnP

Regards,

Ehsan