Question regarding the dcast function

Marie-joe Kfoury
Hi,

I am having a problem with installing the dcast function in R 3.5.3

Here is the message that I am getting when trying to install it:

> install.packages("dcast")
Installing package into �C:/Users/marie/Documents/R/win-library/3.5�
(as �lib� is unspecified)
Warning message:
package �dcast� is not available (for R version 3.5.3)

Marie Joe Kfoury

Re: Question regarding the dcast function

Sarah Goslee
Hi,

dcast() is a function, not a package, so R can't find it in the package archive.

You need to install the package that contains it. Probably you want reshape2

install.packages("reshape2")

Sarah

On Thu, Mar 21, 2019 at 9:54 AM Marie-joe Kfoury

> I am having a problem with installing the dcast function in R 3.5.3
>
> Here is the message that I am getting when trying to install it:
>
> > install.packages("dcast")
> Installing package into ‘C:/Users/marie/Documents/R/win-library/3.5’
> (as ‘lib’ is unspecified)
> Warning message:
> package ‘dcast’ is not available (for R version 3.5.3)
>

> Marie Joe Kfoury

Sarah Goslee (she/her)
http://www.numberwright.com

Re: Question regarding the dcast function

PIKAL Petr
Hi

You shouldn't use HTML formating unless you want to surprise us with weird and messy email.

function dcast is in data.table and/or in reshape2 packages. For both

install.packages("data.table")
install.packages("reshape2")

followed by
library(data.table)
library(reshape2)

should be enough to make function dcast available.

Maybe you could spent some time reading R-intro docs.

Cheers
Petr

Osobní údaje: Informace o zpracování a ochraně osobních údajů obchodních partnerů PRECHEZA a.s. jsou zveřejněny na: https://www.precheza.cz/zasady-ochrany-osobnich-udaju/ | Information about processing and protection of business partner’s personal data are available on website: https://www.precheza.cz/en/personal-data-protection-principles/
Důvěrnost: Tento e-mail a jakékoliv k němu připojené dokumenty jsou důvěrné a podléhají tomuto právně závaznému prohláąení o vyloučení odpovědnosti: https://www.precheza.cz/01-dovetek/ | This email and any documents attached to it may be confidential and are subject to the legally binding disclaimer: https://www.precheza.cz/en/01-disclaimer/