Question

Myungjin Jung
Good evening,

I have a quick question about the "robumeta" package in R software. Below
is my question:

Is it possible to create funnel plots as well as assess (Egger's test) and
adjust (Trim and fill approach) for publication bias in meta-analysis with
RVE methods?

Thank you so much for your help.

Best regards,
Myungjin

*Myungjin Jung*
Doctoral Graduate Assistant
The University of Mississippi
Department of Health, Exercise Science, and Recreation Management
P.O. Box 1848
234 Turner Center
University, MS 38677-1848
*[hidden email] <[hidden email]>u*

Re: Question

Bert Gunter-2
Do note, per the posting guide linked below (which you should read):

"For questions about functions in standard packages distributed with R (see
the FAQ Add-on packages in R
<https://cran.r-project.org/doc/FAQ/R-FAQ.html#Add-on-packages-in-R>), ask
questions on R-help.

If the question relates to a *contributed package* , e.g., one downloaded
from CRAN, try contacting the package maintainer first. You can also use
find("functionname") and packageDescription("packagename") to find this
information. *Only* send such questions to R-help or R-devel if you get no
reply or need further assistance. This applies to both requests for help
and to bug reports."

So do not be surprised if you do not receive a response here. You would
probably have a better chance for success on the SIG devoted to
meta-analysis:

Also per the posting guide, post in plain text not html. Not a problem
here, but it can be when one posts code.

sticking things into it."

On Sat, May 1, 2021 at 5:59 PM Myungjin Jung <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Good evening,
>
> I have a quick question about the "robumeta" package in R software. Below
> is my question:
>
> Is it possible to create funnel plots as well as assess (Egger's test) and
> adjust (Trim and fill approach) for publication bias in meta-analysis with
> RVE methods?
>
> Thank you so much for your help.
>
> Best regards,
> Myungjin
>
> *Myungjin Jung*
> Doctoral Graduate Assistant
> The University of Mississippi
> Department of Health, Exercise Science, and Recreation Management
> P.O. Box 1848
> 234 Turner Center
> University, MS 38677-1848
> *[hidden email] <[hidden email]>u*

Re: Question

Jim Lemon-4
Hi Myungjin,
The funnel plot is no more than the precision of the estimates of
related studies plotted against the estimates. That is, if your
measure of precision is the sample size (SS) and the estimate is named
E,

plot(E,SS)

Look at the metafor package for good funnel plot functions. Egger's
test can be misleading, see:

https://training.cochrane.org/resource/identifying-publication-bias-meta-analyses-continuous-outcomes

for a good introduction.

Jim

produces a very basic funnel plot. Enclosing lines or curves are
usually added, forming the inverted "funnel".