Questions about IBrokers package

Duke Vane
Good day,

I have been using the IBrokers package for a few years now and as my coding
skill has gotten better I have decided now is the time to start
contributing to Open Source code that I have found valuable. I am an
economist and while I have had to program functions from time to time it is
not a mainstay of the job. However, the stay at home order has given me
room to make programming a mainstay.

To help me get started I'd like to confirm if I am correct on the following:
IBrokers does not use Roxygen2 to generate the help documentation, right? I
am reading Hadley Wickhams R-Packages book and he creates documentation
differently. Since my first contributions would be along the lines of
expanding the documentation I want to know if I can use the style from
R-Packages, or if I have to conform to the .Rd style I see when I clone the
IBrokers repo.

Even more importantly would you mind if I tried to help contribute to the
IBrokers package? I use the TWS platform everyday and hopefully can solve
some of the open issues with some guidance.

Thank you,

--
Duke

*"Don't give up. Everything worth doing is hard."*

Re: Questions about IBrokers package

Johan Palleschitz

Good afternoon Duke,

Happy to read your input below. I am by no means in a position answer your questions below, but i would be happy to help, test and see how we can expand the usability.

I am currently stuck on finding a clever solution to pull greeks and simulate option holdings.

Let me know if you need any inputs!

Wish everyone a nice day!

Johan Palleschitz, FRM
+356 9999 9714