* paste() and paste0() gain a new optional argument recycle0. When
set to true, zero-length arguments are recycled leading to
character(0) after the sep-concatenation, i.e., to the empty
string "" if collapse is a string and to the zero-length value
character(0) when collapse = NULL.
A package whose code uses this should depend on R (>= 4.0.1).
* The summary(<warnings>) method now maps the counts correctly to
the warning messages.
* aov(frml, ...) now also works where the formula deparses to more
than 500 characters, thanks to a report and patch proposal by Jan
* Fix a dozen places (code, examples) as Sys.setlocale() returns
the new rather than the previous setting.
* Fix for adding two complex grid units via sum(). Thanks to Gu
Zuguang for the report and Thomas Lin Pedersen for the patch.
* Fix parallel::mclapply(..., mc.preschedule=FALSE) to handle raw
vector results correctly. PR#17779
* Computing the base value, i.e., 2, "everywhere", now uses
FLT_RADIX, as the original machar code looped indefinitely on the
ppc64 architecture for the longdouble case.
* In R 4.0.0, sort.list(x) when is.object(x) was true, e.g., for x
<- I(letters), was accidentally using method = "radix".
Consequently, e.g., merge(<data.frame>) was much slower than
previously; reported in PR#17794.
* plot(y ~ x, ylab = quote(y[i])) now works, as e.g., for xlab;
related to PR#10525.
* parallel::detect.cores(all.tests = TRUE) tries a matching OS name
before the other tests (which were intended only for unknown
* Parse data for raw strings is now recorded correctly. Reported by
Peter Dalgaard, Professor,
Center for Statistics, Copenhagen Business School
Solbjerg Plads 3, 2000 Frederiksberg, Denmark
Office: A 4.23
Email: [hidden email] Priv: [hidden email]