R 4.0.4 scheduled for February 15

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

R 4.0.4 scheduled for February 15

R devel mailing list
Full schedule is available on https://developer.r-project.org (or https://svn.r-project.org/R-dev-web/trunk/index.html for the impatient).

--
Peter Dalgaard, Professor,
Center for Statistics, Copenhagen Business School
Solbjerg Plads 3, 2000 Frederiksberg, Denmark
Phone: (+45)38153501
Office: A 4.23
Email: [hidden email]  Priv: [hidden email]

______________________________________________
[hidden email] mailing list
https://stat.ethz.ch/mailman/listinfo/r-devel

______________________________________________
[hidden email] mailing list
https://stat.ethz.ch/mailman/listinfo/r-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: R 4.0.4 scheduled for February 15

Iñaki Ucar
Minor question: wouldn't the new pipe syntax be worth a minor version
bump? A package planning to drop magrittr would end up depending on R
4.0.4, which sounds suboptimal. And (I don't find any reference to
this in the manual or in CRAN policies, but) if I remember correctly,
depending on a patch version was discouraged.

Iñaki


On Thu, 21 Jan 2021 at 11:59, Peter Dalgaard via R-devel
<[hidden email]> wrote:

>
> Full schedule is available on https://developer.r-project.org (or https://svn.r-project.org/R-dev-web/trunk/index.html for the impatient).
>
> --
> Peter Dalgaard, Professor,
> Center for Statistics, Copenhagen Business School
> Solbjerg Plads 3, 2000 Frederiksberg, Denmark
> Phone: (+45)38153501
> Office: A 4.23
> Email: [hidden email]  Priv: [hidden email]
>
> ______________________________________________
> [hidden email] mailing list
> https://stat.ethz.ch/mailman/listinfo/r-devel
>
> ______________________________________________
> [hidden email] mailing list
> https://stat.ethz.ch/mailman/listinfo/r-devel



--
Iñaki Úcar

______________________________________________
[hidden email] mailing list
https://stat.ethz.ch/mailman/listinfo/r-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: R 4.0.4 scheduled for February 15

Duncan Murdoch-2
On 21/01/2021 7:51 a.m., Iñaki Ucar wrote:
> Minor question: wouldn't the new pipe syntax be worth a minor version
> bump?

I don't think I've seen anything to signal that it will end up in 4.0.4.
  It's intended for 4.1.0, as far as all the signs show.

Duncan Murdoch

  A package planning to drop magrittr would end up depending on R

> 4.0.4, which sounds suboptimal. And (I don't find any reference to
> this in the manual or in CRAN policies, but) if I remember correctly,
> depending on a patch version was discouraged.
>
> Iñaki
>
>
> On Thu, 21 Jan 2021 at 11:59, Peter Dalgaard via R-devel
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Full schedule is available on https://developer.r-project.org (or https://svn.r-project.org/R-dev-web/trunk/index.html for the impatient).
>>
>> --
>> Peter Dalgaard, Professor,
>> Center for Statistics, Copenhagen Business School
>> Solbjerg Plads 3, 2000 Frederiksberg, Denmark
>> Phone: (+45)38153501
>> Office: A 4.23
>> Email: [hidden email]  Priv: [hidden email]
>>
>> ______________________________________________
>> [hidden email] mailing list
>> https://stat.ethz.ch/mailman/listinfo/r-devel
>>
>> ______________________________________________
>> [hidden email] mailing list
>> https://stat.ethz.ch/mailman/listinfo/r-devel
>
>
>

______________________________________________
[hidden email] mailing list
https://stat.ethz.ch/mailman/listinfo/r-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: R 4.0.4 scheduled for February 15

Sebastian Meyer-4
In reply to this post by Iñaki Ucar
Am 21.01.21 um 13:51 schrieb Iñaki Ucar:
> Minor question: wouldn't the new pipe syntax be worth a minor version
> bump?

Yes. The NEWS mention the pipe syntax for R-devel not for R-patched.

See the section "CHANGES IN R 4.0.3 patched" in

https://stat.ethz.ch/R-manual/R-devel/doc/html/NEWS.html

for what is currently included for R 4.0.4.

Cheers,

        Sebastian


> A package planning to drop magrittr would end up depending on R
> 4.0.4, which sounds suboptimal. And (I don't find any reference to
> this in the manual or in CRAN policies, but) if I remember correctly,
> depending on a patch version was discouraged.
>
> Iñaki
>
>
> On Thu, 21 Jan 2021 at 11:59, Peter Dalgaard via R-devel
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Full schedule is available on https://developer.r-project.org (or https://svn.r-project.org/R-dev-web/trunk/index.html for the impatient).
>>
>> --
>> Peter Dalgaard, Professor,
>> Center for Statistics, Copenhagen Business School
>> Solbjerg Plads 3, 2000 Frederiksberg, Denmark
>> Phone: (+45)38153501
>> Office: A 4.23
>> Email: [hidden email]  Priv: [hidden email]
>>
>> ______________________________________________
>> [hidden email] mailing list
>> https://stat.ethz.ch/mailman/listinfo/r-devel
>>
>> ______________________________________________
>> [hidden email] mailing list
>> https://stat.ethz.ch/mailman/listinfo/r-devel
>
>
>

______________________________________________
[hidden email] mailing list
https://stat.ethz.ch/mailman/listinfo/r-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: R 4.0.4 scheduled for February 15

Iñaki Ucar
On Thu, 21 Jan 2021 at 14:19, Sebastian Meyer <[hidden email]> wrote:

>
> Am 21.01.21 um 13:51 schrieb Iñaki Ucar:
> > Minor question: wouldn't the new pipe syntax be worth a minor version
> > bump?
>
> Yes. The NEWS mention the pipe syntax for R-devel not for R-patched.
>
> See the section "CHANGES IN R 4.0.3 patched" in
>
> https://stat.ethz.ch/R-manual/R-devel/doc/html/NEWS.html
>
> for what is currently included for R 4.0.4.

Understood, thanks!

--
Iñaki Úcar

______________________________________________
[hidden email] mailing list
https://stat.ethz.ch/mailman/listinfo/r-devel