[R] Agnes Help

Vinicius Placco
Hi,

I'm trying to use the cluster package and I'm having some trouble... I
always get the message:

> myagnes <- agnes("datafile.dat")
> Error: could not find function "agnes"

the package cluster is listed in the library() command, and I can reach the
help files from Agnes as well

I know that this can be some really easy thing to fix, but right now I have
no idea how to solve it.

Thanks.

Vinicius

[R] Agnes Help

Vinicius Placco
Hi

I'm trying to use the cluster package and I'm having some trouble... I
always get the message:

 > myagnes <- agnes("datafile.dat")
 > Error: could not find function "agnes"

 the package cluster is listed in the library() command, and I can
reach the help files from Agnes as well

 I know that this can be some really easy thing to fix, but right now
I have no idea how to solve it.

 Thanks.

 Vinicius

Re: [R] Agnes Help

Henric Nilsson
Den 2006-10-23 16:59, Vinicius Placco skrev:
> Hi
>
> I'm trying to use the cluster package and I'm having some trouble... I
> always get the message:
>
>  > myagnes <- agnes("datafile.dat")
>  > Error: could not find function "agnes"

Have you tried loading the package, i.e. `library("cluster")'?

HTH,
Henric

>  the package cluster is listed in the library() command, and I can
> reach the help files from Agnes as well
>
>  I know that this can be some really easy thing to fix, but right now
> I have no idea how to solve it.
>
>  Thanks.
>
>  Vinicius

Re: [R] Agnes Help

Martin Maechler

    Vinicius> Hi
    Vinicius> I'm trying to use the cluster package and I'm having some trouble...

trouble with e-mail as well?   You sent your message twice
(to several thousand people)...

    Vinicius> I always get the message:

    >> myagnes <- agnes("datafile.dat")
    >> Error: could not find function "agnes"

    Vinicius> the package cluster is listed in the library() command, and I can
    Vinicius> reach the help files from Agnes as well

But have not quite understood what the 'Usage' part says?
I guess you really need to spend some time with basic
introduction to R (or S).

Hint: Almost all R functions,  agnes() included, work with
      numeric vectors, matrices, or data frames (or more
      structured R objects)
      but not with file names ...

    Vinicius> I know that this can be some really easy thing to
    Vinicius> fix, but right now I have no idea how to solve it.

    Vinicius> Thanks.

    Vinicius> Vinicius