R Compied for Mac OS X

R help mailing list-2
Today, I downloaded, and installed the June 6, 2020 version of R, from the CRAN official site at Carnegie Mellon University. Unfortunately, while the CMU compiled Mac OS X R application provides access to base R stat functions, like mean, it does not provide me with access to any of R’s more advanced functions like movavg, and ggplot.
From where can I download a more complete R executable, compiled for Mac OS X?
Greg Coats

http://lib.stat.cmu.edu/R/CRAN/ <http://lib.stat.cmu.edu/R/CRAN/>
Download R for (Mac) OS X
R-4.0.2.pkg (notarized and signed)
> version
platform       x86_64-apple-darwin17.0
arch           x86_64
os             darwin17.0
system         x86_64, darwin17.0
status
major          4
minor          0.1
year           2020
month          06
day            06
svn rev        78648
language       R
version.string R version 4.0.1 (2020-06-06)
nickname       See Things Now
> mean
function (x, ...)
UseMethod("mean")
<bytecode: 0x7ffe5d0f0c60>
<environment: namespace:base>
> movavg
Error: object 'movavg' not found
> ggplot
Error: object 'ggplot' not found

Re: R Compied for Mac OS X

John Kane-3
What you probably have downloaded and installed is R base.  I am not
familiar with "movavg" but "ggplot" is a command from the "ggplot2"
package.  R, in total, consists of R baase and at least 1,000+ packages
that do different things. One installs and uses various packages depending
on the work one is doing. Have a look at https://cran.r-project.org/ for
most of the packages available.

You need to install "ggplot2" independently or install "tidyverse" which
will install "ggplot2" and a number of other often useful programs.

Try 'install.packages("tidyverse") and see what happens.
Or 'install.packages("gplot2")

On Thu, 25 Jun 2020 at 19:09, Gregory Coats via R-help <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Today, I downloaded, and installed the June 6, 2020 version of R, from the
> CRAN official site at Carnegie Mellon University. Unfortunately, while the
> CMU compiled Mac OS X R application provides access to base R stat
> functions, like mean, it does not provide me with access to any of R’s more
> advanced functions like movavg, and ggplot.
> From where can I download a more complete R executable, compiled for Mac
> OS X?
> Greg Coats
>
> http://lib.stat.cmu.edu/R/CRAN/ <http://lib.stat.cmu.edu/R/CRAN/>
> Download R for (Mac) OS X
> R-4.0.2.pkg (notarized and signed)
> > version
> platform       x86_64-apple-darwin17.0
> arch           x86_64
> os             darwin17.0
> system         x86_64, darwin17.0
> status
> major          4
> minor          0.1
> year           2020
> month          06
> day            06
> svn rev        78648
> language       R
> version.string R version 4.0.1 (2020-06-06)
> nickname       See Things Now
> > mean
> function (x, ...)
> UseMethod("mean")
> <bytecode: 0x7ffe5d0f0c60>
> <environment: namespace:base>
> > movavg
> Error: object 'movavg' not found
> > ggplot
> Error: object 'ggplot' not found

John Kane
Kingston ON Canada

Re: R Compied for Mac OS X

Bert Gunter-2
These are functions in extra packages that you have to first download from
a repository, -- presumably lib.stat/.cmu.edu/r/cran -- install, and then
load for use. I suggest you check for tutorials there to to learn how to
use R, as it sounds like you are flying blind.

sticking things into it."

On Thu, Jun 25, 2020 at 4:09 PM Gregory Coats via R-help <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Today, I downloaded, and installed the June 6, 2020 version of R, from the
> CRAN official site at Carnegie Mellon University. Unfortunately, while the
> CMU compiled Mac OS X R application provides access to base R stat
> functions, like mean, it does not provide me with access to any of R’s more
> advanced functions like movavg, and ggplot.
> From where can I download a more complete R executable, compiled for Mac
> OS X?
> Greg Coats
>
> http://lib.stat.cmu.edu/R/CRAN/ <http://lib.stat.cmu.edu/R/CRAN/>
> Download R for (Mac) OS X
> R-4.0.2.pkg (notarized and signed)
> > version
> platform       x86_64-apple-darwin17.0
> arch           x86_64
> os             darwin17.0
> system         x86_64, darwin17.0
> status
> major          4
> minor          0.1
> year           2020
> month          06
> day            06
> svn rev        78648
> language       R
> version.string R version 4.0.1 (2020-06-06)
> nickname       See Things Now
> > mean
> function (x, ...)
> UseMethod("mean")
> <bytecode: 0x7ffe5d0f0c60>
> <environment: namespace:base>
> > movavg
> Error: object 'movavg' not found
> > ggplot
> Error: object 'ggplot' not found

Re: R Compied for Mac OS X

R help mailing list-2
Hi, you can try starting at the link below:

https://stat.ethz.ch/R-manual/R-patched/doc/html/packages.html

Or type any of following commands into your R-Console (for starters):

> library()
> library(help="base")
> library(help="stats")
> library(help="graphics")