R/Finance 2020: Call for Presentations

Joshua Ulrich
R/Finance 2020: Applied Finance with R
June 5 and 6, 2020
University of Illinois at Chicago

Call for Presentations

The twelfth annual R/Finance conference for applied finance using R
will be held on June 5 and 6, 2020 in Chicago, IL, USA at the
University of Illinois at Chicago. The conference will cover topics
including portfolio management, time series analysis, advanced risk
tools, high-performance computing, market microstructure, and
econometrics. All will be discussed within the context of using R as a
primary tool for financial model development, risk management,
portfolio construction, and trading.

From its humble Midwest beginnings, word of the conference spread
among trading desks and universities, until it became the primary
meeting for academics and practitioners interested in using R in
quantitative finance. The conference has featured presentations from
prominent academics and practitioners, and we anticipate another
exciting line-up for 2020.

We invite you to submit complete papers in pdf format for
consideration. We will also consider one-page abstracts (in txt or pdf
format) although more complete papers are preferred. We welcome
submissions for full talks (approximately 20 min.), abbreviated
“lightning talks” (approximately 6 min.), and (1 hour) pre-conference
tutorials. (Scheduling considerations may require requested full talks
moved to lightning). Both academic and practitioner proposals related
to R are encouraged.

All slides will be made publicly available at conference time.
Presenters are strongly encouraged to provide working R code to
accompany the slides. Ideally, data sets should be made public for the
purposes of reproducibility (though we realize this may be limited due
to contracts with data vendors). Preference may be given to innovative
research or presenters who have released R packages.

Please submit proposals online
http://go.uic.edu/rfinance2020CFP

Limited financial assistance for travel and conference admission may
be available to presenters. As R/Finance is a volunteer open source
effort from which organizers do not profit, resources are derived from
registrations and sponsorship alone. Requests for financial assistance
must be made at the time of submission, and the presenter should
clearly communicate to us why assistance is being requested. We
particularly welcome requests from under- represented minorities in
Quantitative Finance/STEM, and anyone researching under economic
hardship.

Submissions will be reviewed and accepted on a rolling basis with a
final submission deadline of February 1, 2020. Submitters will be
notified via email starting February 15, 2020 of acceptance and
presentation length.

Additional details will be announced via the conference website
http://www.RinFinance.com/ as they become available. Information on
previous years’ presenters and their presentations are also at the
conference website. We will make a separate announcement when
registration opens, in late March.

For the conference committee:

Petra Bakosova, Gib Bassett, Peter Carl, Dirk Eddelbuettel, Soumya
Kalra, Dan McMillen, Brian Peterson, Dale Rosenthal, Jeffrey Ryan,
Justin Shea, Joshua Ulrich

--
Joshua Ulrich  |  about.me/joshuaulrich
FOSS Trading  |  www.fosstrading.com

Re: R/Finance 2020: Call for Presentations

Joshua Ulrich
We've extended the submission deadline to February 28th!

So there's still time to submit your talk:
http://go.uic.edu/rfinance2020cfp

We would also appreciate your help to spread the word, especially to
under-represented groups in finance!