R Software Program Help

Ashley Porter
Good Morning,

I wanted to reach out as I am looking to learn more about the R Project / R
Statistical Programming software, particularly as it's been utilizing in
power plant industries. I work in the energy industry and my clients are
starting to look for Risk Analysts proficient in this tool, and I find
myself unaware of what this tool is. Any information or help would be
greatly appreciated.

Warmly,

*Ashley Porter | Director of Recruiting*
D: 708-505-4087 *|* C: 708-705-0802* |* [hidden email]
888-845-2539 *|* F: 708-682-3073 *|* www.theplanetforward.com
800 Hillgrove Avenue, Suite 200, Western Springs, IL 60558
http://www.linkedin.com/in/ashleymarieporter

*Follow Us*:
<https://www.linkedin.com/company/planet-forward?trk=company_name>
<https://www.facebook.com/theplanetforward>
<https://twitter.com/planetforward1>

*Planet Forward Jobs*: http://www.theplanetforward.com/jobs/

Chicago | Cleveland | San Francisco | Pensacola | London

Sent with MailTrack
<https://mailtrack.io/install?source=signature&lang=en&referral=aporter@...&idSignature=22>

Re: R Software Program Help

Nordlund, Dan (DSHS/RDA)
If you google "R Statistical Programming software" you will find all the information you could possibly want.  In particular, for your purposes you should probably start with

https://www.r-project.org/

and read the "About" section.  Then follow other links as needed.

Dan

Daniel Nordlund, PhD
Research and Data Analysis Division
Services & Enterprise Support Administration

Re: R Software Program Help

John McKown
On Tue, Feb 23, 2016 at 10:02 AM, Ashley Porter <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Good Morning,
>
> I wanted to reach out as I am looking to learn more about the R Project / R
> Statistical Programming software, particularly as it's been utilizing in
> power plant industries. I work in the energy industry and my clients are
> starting to look for Risk Analysts proficient in this tool, and I find
> myself unaware of what this tool is. Any information or help would be
> greatly appreciated.
>
> Warmly,
>

> *Ashley Porter | Director of Recruiting*

​In a nutshell, it is a algorithmic programming language​ with an emphasis
on statistics. If you have heard of the SAS language, R is used for similar
needs. One of the main pluses of R is CRAN - The Comprehensive R Archive
Network. This is a large set of statistical packages, which can be used as
a library. A good web site is https://cran.revolutionanalytics.com/ to
start. A search of "r language review" will get you some good hits from
sites such as InfoWorld and NY Times as well as the usual "geek" sites.

--
The man has the intellect of a lobotomized turtle.

Maranatha! <><
John McKown

Re: R Software Program Help

Peter Dalgaard-2

On 23 Feb 2016, at 17:02 , Ashley Porter <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Good Morning,
>
> I wanted to reach out as I am looking to learn more about the R Project / R
> Statistical Programming software, particularly as it's been utilizing in
> power plant industries. I work in the energy industry and my clients are
> starting to look for Risk Analysts proficient in this tool, and I find
> myself unaware of what this tool is. Any information or help would be
> greatly appreciated.

Well, from your perspective, R is basically like SAS or Stata, just more flexible; maybe more challenging to master, but also quite a bit more fun.

R is gaining quite some traction in the Data Science and Machine Learning areas, mainly due to visualization tools and data munging facilities, but also due to availability of a wide variety of modern statistical procedures. It has for quite some time been the weapon of choice when attacking methodology issues in Statistics at the research level.

- Peter D.

> Warmly,
>

> *Ashley Porter | Director of Recruiting*
> D: 708-505-4087 *|* C: 708-705-0802* |* [hidden email]
> 888-845-2539 *|* F: 708-682-3073 *|* www.theplanetforward.com
> 800 Hillgrove Avenue, Suite 200, Western Springs, IL 60558
> http://www.linkedin.com/in/ashleymarieporter
>
> *Follow Us*:
> <https://www.linkedin.com/company/planet-forward?trk=company_name>
> <https://www.facebook.com/theplanetforward>
> <https://twitter.com/planetforward1>
>
> *Planet Forward Jobs*: http://www.theplanetforward.com/jobs/
>
> Chicago | Cleveland | San Francisco | Pensacola | London
>

> Sent with MailTrack
> <https://mailtrack.io/install?source=signature&lang=en&referral=aporter@...&idSignature=22>

Peter Dalgaard, Professor,
Phone: (+45)38153501