R and Eclipse?

Thomas Steiner
I know that (for windows users) there exists an extension for WinEdt for R.
Is there an editor plugin for eclipse as well. Eclipse is free,
cross-plattform, well known, ...
I found nothing on the web, but it seems (to me) to be a good idea (as
there is a LaTeX-plugin for eclipse as well).
Thomas

Re: R and Eclipse?

Uwe Ligges
Thomas Steiner wrote:

> I know that (for windows users) there exists an extension for WinEdt for R.
> Is there an editor plugin for eclipse as well. Eclipse is free,
> cross-plattform, well known, ...
> I found nothing on the web, but it seems (to me) to be a good idea (as
> there is a LaTeX-plugin for eclipse as well).
> Thomas

  RSiteSearch("Eclipse")
and try the first hit ...

Uwe Ligges

Re: R and Eclipse?

christian schulz
http://www.walware.de/;jsessionid=F31C76BA1E592CDA2C82456CFA37C4FD?mainURL=/rplugin.zip

regards, christian

>I know that (for windows users) there exists an extension for WinEdt for R.
>Is there an editor plugin for eclipse as well. Eclipse is free,
>cross-plattform, well known, ...
>I found nothing on the web, but it seems (to me) to be a good idea (as
>there is a LaTeX-plugin for eclipse as well).
>Thomas

Re: R and Eclipse?

Peter Dalgaard
Christian Schulz <[hidden email]> writes:

> http://www.walware.de/;jsessionid=F31C76BA1E592CDA2C82456CFA37C4FD?mainURL=/rplugin.zip

You mean

http://www.walware.de/goto/statet

However, last I checked that one, it didn't work with Fedora's
Eclipse (Windows only?), and everything was provided as class files,
no source available. So I gave up on it.

--
   O__  ---- Peter Dalgaard             Øster Farimagsgade 5, Entr.B
 (*) \(*) -- University of Copenhagen   Denmark          Ph:  (+45) 35327918

Re: R and Eclipse?

Dominik-3-2
Am Dienstag, den 24.01.2006, 13:16 +0100 schrieb Peter Dalgaard:

> Christian Schulz <[hidden email]> writes:
>
> > http://www.walware.de/;jsessionid=F31C76BA1E592CDA2C82456CFA37C4FD?mainURL=/rplugin.zip
>
> You mean
>
> http://www.walware.de/goto/statet
>
> However, last I checked that one, it didn't work with Fedora's
> Eclipse (Windows only?), and everything was provided as class files,
> no source available. So I gave up on it.

It works fine on my ubuntu system with eclipse-3.1.1 and java-1.5. (Java
1.4.x is not supported by the plug-in!)
But the author has problems to start R inside Eclipse on Unix/Linux
preventing the batch-modus. This makes things like graphics and tlctk
stuff unavailable from within Eclipse.

Any ideas?

Re: R and Eclipse?

Peter Dalgaard
Dominik Heier <[hidden email]> writes:

> It works fine on my ubuntu system with eclipse-3.1.1 and java-1.5. (Java
> 1.4.x is not supported by the plug-in!)
> But the author has problems to start R inside Eclipse on Unix/Linux
> preventing the batch-modus. This makes things like graphics and tlctk
> stuff unavailable from within Eclipse.
>
> Any ideas?

Not this week....

Peter Dalgaard schrieb:

>Christian Schulz <[hidden email]> writes:
>

>>http://www.walware.de/;jsessionid=F31C76BA1E592CDA2C82456CFA37C4FD?mainURL=/rplugin.zip
>>

>You mean
>
>http://www.walware.de/goto/statet
>
>However, last I checked that one, it didn't work with Fedora's
>Eclipse (Windows only?), and everything was provided as class files,
>no source available. So I gave up on it.

uups a hectic copy and paste, but
my experience the same like peter's.

regards, christian

Re: R and Eclipse?

Romain François
Le 24.01.2006 13:16, Peter Dalgaard a écrit :

>Christian Schulz <[hidden email]> writes:
>

>>http://www.walware.de/;jsessionid=F31C76BA1E592CDA2C82456CFA37C4FD?mainURL=/rplugin.zip
>>

>You mean
>
>http://www.walware.de/goto/statet
>
>However, last I checked that one, it didn't work with Fedora's
>Eclipse (Windows only?), and everything was provided as class files,
>no source available. So I gave up on it.

Hi,

I'm running it with no problem with Fedora 3 and Eclipse 3.1.
Installation is quite simple with the eclipse update feature

Maybe you use gcj instead of sun java ?

Romain

--
visit the R Graph Gallery : http://addictedtor.free.fr/graphiques
mixmod 1.7 is released : http://www-math.univ-fcomte.fr/mixmod/index.php

Re: R and Eclipse?

John Marsland
Romain Francois <francoisromain <at> free.fr> writes:

> Maybe you use gcj instead of sun java ?

You have to be running Java 1.5 or above - it says this some where on the STATET
website.

I've been running this (and previous versions) on Windows for many months
now, but I've had problems on OS X relating to Apple's strong preference for
Java 1.4 and the only recently release Apple Java 1.5.

Regards,

John Marsland