R for web browser

Lanna Jin
Hi Everyone,

Does anyone know of any projects for running an interactive R session within a web browser?
I'm looking for something similar to the one on the Ruby website (http://tryruby.org), except for R.

Thanks for your responses in advance!

Lanna
Lanna

Re: R for web browser

Tal Galili
I wrote about R-Node last month, it offers what you are talking about:

http://www.r-statistics.com/2010/04/r-node-a-web-front-end-to-r-with-protovis/

----------------Contact
Contact me: [hidden email] |  972-52-7275845
www.r-statistics.com (English)

On Tue, May 4, 2010 at 4:51 PM, Lanna Jin <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Everyone,
>
> Does anyone know of any projects for running an interactive R session
> within
> a web browser?
> I'm looking for something similar to the one on the Ruby website
> (http://tryruby.org), except for R.
>
> Thanks for your responses in advance!
>
> Lanna
>
> -----
> Lanna Jin
>
> [hidden email]
> 510-898-8525

Re: R for web browser

jverzaniNWBKZ
Lanna Jin <lannajin <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Hi Everyone,
>
> Does anyone know of any projects for running an interactive R session within
> a web browser?
> I'm looking for something similar to the one on the Ruby website
> (http://tryruby.org), except for R.
>
> Thanks for your responses in advance!

You can run R code through the sage software. (Sage is a CAS and also an
interface to numerous open-source software packages.)  The main interface for
sage is through a notebook within a web browser. A freely accessible notebook
server can be found at www.sagenb.org. Recent work involves integrating R's
plotting features within the notebook.