R graph window

catherine xu
Dear all,

I am using R 2.6.0 on Windows XP.
I am wondering if R can show multiple graph at the same graph window with different tabs at the bottom of the window, like in S-plus.
Does anybody have experience on this?

Thank you.

Cathy

Re: R graph window

Duncan Murdoch
catherine xu wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I am using R 2.6.0 on Windows XP.
> I am wondering if R can show multiple graph at the same graph window with different tabs at the bottom of the window, like in S-plus.
> Does anybody have experience on this?

No, it can't.  If you turn history recording on (see the History menu
entry when the graphics window has the focus), then R will save the
plots and PgUp/PgDn will scroll through them.

Duncan Murdoch

> Thank you.
>
> Cathy

Re: R graph window

Prof Brian Ripley
On Tue, 27 Nov 2007, catherine xu wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I am using R 2.6.0 on Windows XP.
> I am wondering if R can show multiple graph at the same graph window
> with different tabs at the bottom of the window, like in S-plus.
> Does anybody have experience on this?

It cannot.  IF you want S-PLUS, you know where to buy it.

You can save a history of graphs and page up and down between them: see
the rw-FAQ and the README.

Re: R graph window

Mike Prager
Duncan Murdoch <[hidden email]> wrote:

> > I am using R 2.6.0 on Windows XP.
> > I am wondering if R can show multiple graph at the same graph window with different tabs at the bottom of the window, like in S-plus.
> > Does anybody have experience on this?
> >
> No, it can't.  If you turn history recording on (see the History menu
> entry when the graphics window has the focus), then R will save the
> plots and PgUp/PgDn will scroll through them.

To enable that, I usually begin an R script:

graphics.off()
.SavedPlots <- NULL  # Deletes any existing plot history
windows(record = TRUE, ...)

You might also be interested in the savePlot function, well
described in the R help files.

--
Mike Prager, NOAA, Beaufort, NC