R graphics display window

Felipe Carrillo
Hi all:
How can the R graphics window be customized
programmatically? Either minimized,maximized or change
the size of the default that ships with R.
Thanks

 Felipe D. Carrillo
  Fishery Biologist
  US Fish & Wildlife Service
  Red Bluff, California 96080

Re: R graphics display window

Dieter Menne
Felipe Carrillo <mazatlanmexico <at> yahoo.com> writes:

> How can the R graphics window be customized
> programmatically? Either minimized,maximized or change
> the size of the default that ships with R.

Assuming Windows as OS (which you forgot to mention)

windows(width = 2, height = 2, pointsize = 12)

Dieter

On 16/08/2007 7:35 PM, Felipe Carrillo wrote:
> Hi all:
> How can the R graphics window be customized
> programmatically? Either minimized,maximized or change
> the size of the default that ships with R.

Which device are you working with?  Most of them allow the size to be
selected in the initial call to open the window, e.g.

windows(2,2) for a very small window.  (The sizes are in inches,
assuming your monitor reports the size of its pixels correctly.)

options("device") allows you to choose a new default; e.g.

options(device=function() windows(2,2))

to always get very small windows.

I don't know if any of the devices support programmatic changes from R
code, but in Windows you could do most changes by sending Windows
messages to the window or doing Windows API calls.  You can get the
handle using getWindowsHandle(), and then you'll need to write C code to
do the work.

Duncan Murdoch