R hangs when attempting open existing *.R file

R hangs when attempting open existing *.R file

R help mailing list-2
Aloha.

Just installed 'Arbor day' and what was an occasional problem is now
preventing me from loading even a script I was routinely running the day
before.

Anyone have any idea what might be wrong now?  I just get a beachball
and Force Quit tells me R is not responding.

Thank you.
J.

--
John Helly, University of California, San Diego / San Diego Supercomputer Center / Scripps Institution of Oceanography / 760 840 8660 mobile / http://www.sdsc.edu/~hellyj
ORCID ID: orcid.org/0000-0002-3779-0603

Re: R hangs when attempting open existing *.R file

Jeff Newmiller
What do you mean by "open an existing R file"... did you try to load it with the source function or the MacOSX R App? If the latter you may be better off reading the archives of and/or asking in R-sig-mac...

On May 21, 2020 3:35:13 PM PDT, John Helly via R-help <[hidden email]> wrote:

>Aloha.
>
>Just installed 'Arbor day' and what was an occasional problem is now
>preventing me from loading even a script I was routinely running the
>day
>before.
>
>Anyone have any idea what might be wrong now?  I just get a beachball
>and Force Quit tells me R is not responding.
>
>Thank you.
>J.

Re: R hangs when attempting open existing *.R file

R help mailing list-2
MacOSX R App.  Am I missing something about using that GUI?

J.

--
John Helly, University of California, San Diego / San Diego Supercomputer Center / Scripps Institution of Oceanography / 760 840 8660 mobile / http://www.sdsc.edu/~hellyj
ORCID ID: orcid.org/0000-0002-3779-0603

Re: R hangs when attempting open existing *.R file

Jeff Newmiller
R does not exactly "open R files" the way you phrased it... on most platforms you use a text editor for that. R App is a bit of a special case... ergo, you should probably be asking on the specialized list.

On May 21, 2020 3:47:18 PM PDT, John Helly <[hidden email]> wrote:

>MacOSX R App.  Am I missing something about using that GUI?
>
>J.
>
>On 5/21/20 15:43, Jeff Newmiller wrote:
>> What do you mean by "open an existing R file"... did you try to load
>it with the source function or the MacOSX R App? If the latter you may
>be better off reading the archives of and/or asking in R-sig-mac...
>>
>> On May 21, 2020 3:35:13 PM PDT, John Helly via R-help
><[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> Aloha.
>>>
>>> Just installed 'Arbor day' and what was an occasional problem is now
>>> preventing me from loading even a script I was routinely running the
>>> day
>>> before.
>>>
>>> Anyone have any idea what might be wrong now?  I just get a
>beachball
>>> and Force Quit tells me R is not responding.
>>>
>>> Thank you.
>>> J.

Re: R hangs when attempting open existing *.R file

R help mailing list-2
Ok. Thanks. I will do that.  Sorry for the confusion.
J.