R in raspberry Pi

jacksonmrodrigues@gmail.com
Hi everybody,

Happy new year!!

I was wondering if it is possible to install and to run R to raspberry pi.

Has  anyone ever tried to run R in raspberry Pi 3? If so, how was the
experience? Any suggestion for a more appropriate  platform ?

Cheers

Jackson

Re: R in raspberry Pi

Bert Gunter-2
I would assume it's possible *if*

1) You could load a *nix OS and tools for which R is already compiled
2) You could load a *nix verstion and tools (C++ compiler, etc.) to
compile it from the publicly available source
3) If you had sufficient memory and processing power.

The CRAN website and rseek.org R search engine are probably good
places to follow up on your own if someone doesn't give you further
help here.

Cheers,
Bert

and sticking things into it."

On Mon, Jan 2, 2017 at 8:47 AM, Jackson Rodrigues
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi everybody,
>
> Happy new year!!
>
> I was wondering if it is possible to install and to run R to raspberry pi.
>
> Has  anyone ever tried to run R in raspberry Pi 3? If so, how was the
> experience? Any suggestion for a more appropriate  platform ?
>
> Cheers
>
> Jackson

Re: R in raspberry Pi

Erich Subscriptions
R is available for the standard Raspbian distribution.
sudo apt-get install r-base
will give you a basic installation.

So far, hwoever, RStudio has not been made available in the distribution.