R logo

cgenolin
Hi the list,

I like the R logo (grey C and blue R) very much, specialy the drawing of
the letter with border and shadow. I would like to make something closed
with some other letters. Does anyone know how to get a similar result ?

Christophe

Re: R logo

Martin Maechler

    CG> Hi the list, I like the R logo (grey C and blue R) very
    CG> much, specialy the drawing of the letter with border and
    CG> shadow. I would like to make something closed with some
    CG> other letters. Does anyone know how to get a similar
    CG> result ?

If we knew an elegant one, we'd have an R function to do it ...

The R Logo was done "manually" (using software) in several
phases IIRC.
But yes, indeed, an 'Rfont' package on CRAN would be neat...

Martin Maechler, ETH Zurich and R Core Team.

Re: R logo

cgenolin

> The R Logo was done "manually" (using software) in several
> phases IIRC.

Well, that's not a surprise. Let me rephrase my question : is the logo
drawer still on this list ? Did you use gimp ? A specific filter ? or a
scriptfu ?

Christophe

Re: R logo

stefano iacus-2
I don't know the origin of the logo, but as far as I remember, the
current version of the logo has been manually redrawn from the
original on photoshop to increase resolution.
stefano

On 16/lug/08, at 10:50, [hidden email] wrote:

>> The R Logo was done "manually" (using software) in several
>> phases IIRC.
>
> Well, that's not a surprise. Let me rephrase my question : is the
> logo drawer still on this list ? Did you use gimp ? A specific
> filter ? or a scriptfu ?
>
> Christophe

Re: R logo

cgenolin

> If we knew an elegant one, we'd have an R function to do it ...
>
> The R Logo was done "manually" (using software) in several
> phases IIRC.
> But yes, indeed, an 'Rfont' package on CRAN would be neat...
>
> Martin Maechler, ETH Zurich and R Core Team.

I am not sur of what would be neat : a police with nice letter that have
a border ?
I do not know how to change a drawing in a police, but making the
drawing of the police is not that hard
(well I know that I am the one who ask, but it was only to avoid to work
on Gimp again, because I did
not for a long time and I thaught that I forget almost every thing... I
was wrong)

With Gimp (which is the free version of photoshop) :

http://christophe.genolini.free.fr/kml/images/alphaRouge.jpg
http://christophe.genolini.free.fr/kml/images/alphaBleu.jpg
http://christophe.genolini.free.fr/kml/images/alphaVert.jpg
http://christophe.genolini.free.fr/kml/images/alphaBlanc.jpg