[R] neg-bin clustered analysis in R?

Lutz Ph. Breitling
Dear All,

I'm analysing a negative binomial dataset from a population-based
study. Many covariates were determined on household level, so all
members of a household have the same value for those covariates.

In STATA, there seems to be an option for 'clustered analysis' for
neg-bin regression. Does an equivalent exist for R(MASS)'s glm.nb or a
comparable function?

Many thanks for all help!
Lutz
--
Lutz Ph. Breitling, Marie Curie EST Research Fellow
Integrative & Comparative Biology (Irene Manton 8.93e)

Re: [R] neg-bin clustered analysis in R?

David Barron-2
I'm not certain, but I think you should be able to use the robcov
function in the Design package in conjunction with glm.nb, perhaps
with a bit of tweaking.  Another alternative might be to use the quasi
family in lmer.

On 06/11/06, Lutz Ph. Breitling <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> I'm analysing a negative binomial dataset from a population-based
> study. Many covariates were determined on household level, so all
> members of a household have the same value for those covariates.
>
> In STATA, there seems to be an option for 'clustered analysis' for
> neg-bin regression. Does an equivalent exist for R(MASS)'s glm.nb or a
> comparable function?
>
> Many thanks for all help!
> Lutz
> --
> Lutz Ph. Breitling, Marie Curie EST Research Fellow
> Integrative & Comparative Biology (Irene Manton 8.93e)
> University of Leeds, LS2 9JT Leeds/UK

Re: [R] neg-bin clustered analysis in R?

Henric Nilsson
Lutz Ph. Breitling said the following on 2006-11-06 13:56:
> Dear All,
>
> I'm analysing a negative binomial dataset from a population-based
> study. Many covariates were determined on household level, so all
> members of a household have the same value for those covariates.
>
> In STATA, there seems to be an option for 'clustered analysis' for
> neg-bin regression. Does an equivalent exist for R(MASS)'s glm.nb or a
> comparable function?

Which Stata function are you referring to? If you want a Poisson
regression with gamma distributed random effects in R, I think you're
out of luck.

HTH,
Henric

> Many thanks for all help!
> Lutz

Re: [R] neg-bin clustered analysis in R?

H. Skaug
The R-package glmmADMB (not on CRAN) can do negative binomial response with
one level of Gaussian random effects. It also allows zero inflation.

Download site:

http://otter-rsch.com/admbre/examples/glmmadmb/glmmADMB.html

Regards,

hans