R packages for R 2.11.1

Raji
Hi ,

  I am using R 2.11.1 . I need to download few packages for the same for Windows.But in CRAN i see the latest packages for R 2.12.1 only. Can you help me out with the locations where i can find the packages for R 2.11.1 Windows zip?

Thanks in advance

Re: R packages for R 2.11.1

David Winsemius

On Jan 6, 2011, at 11:48 PM, Raji wrote:

> Hi ,
>
>  I am using R 2.11.1 . I need to download few packages for the same
> for
> Windows.But in CRAN i see the latest packages for R 2.12.1 only. Can
> you
> help me out with the locations where i can find the packages for R
> 2.11.1
> Windows zip?

At the bottom of the page of contributes packages is a link to
Archives. They may need to be compiled and in Windows that in turn
would require Murdoch's Windows RTools.

--
David Winsemius, MD
West Hartford, CT

Re: R packages for R 2.11.1

Joshua Wiley-2
I would try using the R 2.12.1 packages first, but if that does not
work, then you can go here:
http://cran.r-project.org/src/contrib/Archive/
to get older versions of the tar balls.  I think you might have to
build them yourself.  I kind of doubt anyone is keeping entire
duplicates of old CRAN packages in all forms.  This is not that
difficult though.  If the packages you want to install do not have
other code, I believe you can actually install them without any
additional software.  If there is compiled code (e.g., C or C++), then
I think you'll need RTools as well as a compatible compiler.  See the
installation manual for details:

http://cran.r-project.org/doc/manuals/R-admin.html

Cheers,

Josh

On Thu, Jan 6, 2011 at 8:48 PM, Raji <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi ,
>
>  I am using R 2.11.1 . I need to download few packages for the same for
> Windows.But in CRAN i see the latest packages for R 2.12.1 only. Can you
> help me out with the locations where i can find the packages for R 2.11.1
> Windows zip?
>
> Thanks in advance

Joshua Wiley
Ph.D. Student, Health Psychology
University of California, Los Angeles
http://www.joshuawiley.com/

Re: R packages for R 2.11.1

Raji

  Thank you,I will try to build the packages with RTools.
 I found the following links for few packages.

rJava http://www.rforge.net/rJava/files

RJDBC http://www.rforge.net/RJDBC/files/

Regards,
Raji

Re: R packages for R 2.11.1

Prof Brian Ripley
On Thu, 6 Jan 2011, Joshua Wiley wrote:

> I would try using the R 2.12.1 packages first, but if that does not

On 32-bit Windows this will not work if compiled code is involved:
both the compiler and the package layout changed at 2.12.0.

However, binary packages for 2.11.x are still being run through the
autobuiilder and are available on CRAN if they were built successfully
(increasingly many are not).  See the summary table at
http://cran.r-project.org/bin/windows/contrib/checkSummaryWin.html

Nevertheless (as the posting guide makes clear) the R developers do
not support obsolete versions of R, so you are advised to update to R
2.12.1.

> work, then you can go here:
> http://cran.r-project.org/src/contrib/Archive/
> to get older versions of the tar balls.  I think you might have to
> build them yourself.  I kind of doubt anyone is keeping entire
> duplicates of old CRAN packages in all forms.  This is not that
> difficult though.  If the packages you want to install do not have
> other code, I believe you can actually install them without any
> additional software.  If there is compiled code (e.g., C or C++), then
> I think you'll need RTools as well as a compatible compiler.  See the
> installation manual for details:
>
> http://cran.r-project.org/doc/manuals/R-admin.html
>
> Cheers,
>
> Josh
>

> On Thu, Jan 6, 2011 at 8:48 PM, Raji <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi ,
>>
>>  I am using R 2.11.1 . I need to download few packages for the same for
>> Windows.But in CRAN i see the latest packages for R 2.12.1 only. Can you
>> help me out with the locations where i can find the packages for R 2.11.1
>> Windows zip?

> --
> Joshua Wiley
> Ph.D. Student, Health Psychology
> University of California, Los Angeles
> http://www.joshuawiley.com/

Re: R packages for R 2.11.1

Uwe Ligges-3

On 07.01.2011 09:21, Prof Brian Ripley wrote:

> On Thu, 6 Jan 2011, Joshua Wiley wrote:
>
>> I would try using the R 2.12.1 packages first, but if that does not
>
> On 32-bit Windows this will not work if compiled code is involved: both
> the compiler and the package layout changed at 2.12.0.
>
> However, binary packages for 2.11.x are still being run through the
> autobuiilder and are available on CRAN if they were built successfully
> (increasingly many are not). See the summary table at
> http://cran.r-project.org/bin/windows/contrib/checkSummaryWin.html

Right, and if they were not built successfully, then the latest version
that passed the checks is still available there (which is the one you
want to use anyway then).

Let me add that just typing
     install.packages("packagename")
should do the trick and will use the 2.11 package repository at
your-CRAN-mirror/bin/windows/contrib/2.11

Best,
Uwe