[R] rgl.postscript{rgl} crashes R

herry
Hi list,

I am trying to print a rgl scene. I can do this with
rgl.snapshot("test.pnt",fmt="png"), but
rgl.postscript("test.pdf",fmt="pdf") does crash R and returns to the
linux shell after extented time period.

I am running R 2.4.0 on i686 linux mandrake 10.2. Do I need any other R
external program to make this work?

Thanks
Herry

Dr Alexander Herr - Herry
Spatial and statistical analyst
CSIRO, Sustainable Ecosystems
Davies Laboratory,
University Drive, Douglas, QLD 4814
Private Mail Bag, Aitkenvale, QLD 4814

Phone/www
(07) 4753 8510; 4753 8650(fax)
Home: http://herry.ausbats.org.au
Webadmin ABS: http://ausbats.org.au
Sustainable Ecosystems: http://www.cse.csiro.au/

Re: [R] rgl.postscript{rgl} crashes R

Duncan Murdoch
On 1/31/2007 8:15 PM, [hidden email] wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> I am trying to print a rgl scene. I can do this with
> rgl.snapshot("test.pnt",fmt="png"), but
> rgl.postscript("test.pdf",fmt="pdf") does crash R and returns to the
> linux shell after extented time period.
>
> I am running R 2.4.0 on i686 linux mandrake 10.2. Do I need any other R
> external program to make this work?

You aren't using the latest R, and probably aren't using the latest rgl.
  Try updating both:  R to 2.4.1, rgl to 0.70.  The rgl ChangeLog shows
this for 0.70:

   - fixed bug in rgl.postscript in Linux, added text support to it